There are many ways to install them on Windows 7. I am just listing following simple ways that worked for me:
1. Installing Eclipse 3.5
The latest 3.5 version works just fine on Windows 7. download it then unzip it to a location of your choice.
2. Installing Scala
Download IzPack installer, Just follow the wizard and you are done.
3. Installing Groovy
Download the Windows-Installer package. After installation, you need to do following:
1. Open Control Panel->System and Security->System and click on Advanced system settings.(Shortcut: Win+Pause/Break combination is your friend)
2. Click on Environment Variables
3. Make sure to create User variables such as GROOVY_HOME as name, installation location as value. (Note: Creating System variables did not work for me)
That is all there is to it. I hope someone find this post helpful.
- P12: Decode run-length encoding
- P11: Modified run-length encoding that includes on...
- Installing Eclipse, Scala and Groovy in Windows 7
- P10: Run-length encoding of a list.
- P09: Pack consecutive duplicates of list elements...
- P08: Eliminate consecutive duplicates of list elem...
- P07: Flatten a list
- P06: Is a list palindrome
- P03 - P05: Find nth element, length, reverse a lis...
- How to simply sum values in a Map in Scala
- Best Note Taking Tools
- P02: Find the last but one element of a list.
- Over all these years of Software development, I ca...
- ▼ October (13)